- Installation of – Git, jenkins, Ansible, Puppet, Docker,Chef,CVS, Clearcase,Nagios,Maven, Database
- Hands-on Exercise – All infra setup
Market Trend and Career Scope for DevOps professionals, Desired Skillset of a DevOps Engineer,Cultural practices and Supporting Tools for smooth and continuous collaboration among Operations, Product Development, Testing, Build N Release, Deployment
Software Version Control (aka Source Code Management) System
- Concepts of Version Control Systems, Git as SCM, Git Command Line, Git setup with CI tool Jenkins, SVN, CVS, Clearcase
- Hands-on Exercise– Create a git project, Checkout a branch, Create a file and add to git, Edit file, Commit the code, Set up Jenkins and integrate with Git
Automating Build and Test
- Automating Builds with Maven and Ant, Building Delivery Pipeline in Jenkins (CI/CD), Test Automation, Security, Notification System in Jenkins
- Hands-on Exercise– Create a Maven Project, Edit pom.xml file to install a version of junit, Set up build delivery pipeline, Set up notification alerts in Jenkins, Configure test plan in Jenkins
Continuous Integration (CI)
- Frequent merge of code to a shared repository after which automated builds and tests are run using Jenkins
- Hands-on Exercise – Commit code and check if Jenkins runs the build scripts and tests the code using automation script
Continuous Delivery (CD)
- Core principles of Continuous Delivery, collaboration between development and software release, building, testing and releasing software in shorter, more frequent cycles.
- Hands-on Exercise – Deploying various tools like Puppet, Chef, Nagios for the reliable delivery of software on time.
Docker Container Management
- What are Containers, Difference between VM and Container, Docker Fundamentals, Creating & Running Docker Images, Image Distribution, Creating Docker Registry, Compose Scripts, Remote Docker Image
- Hands-on Exercise– Configure a Docker, Create an image in Docker and run it
Docker Commands and Best Practices.
- Networking concepts in Docker, Using Docker Volume and Creation of a Dockerfile, a text file to contain the commands to create an image
- Hands-on Exercise – Create a dockerfile with the commands to create an image, Create the image
Puppet – Configuration Management Tool (Infra As Code)
- Introduction to Puppet, Architecture of Puppet, Constructs of Puppet and the various terminologies in Puppet, Configuring Puppet, Using Puppet Manifests, Puppet commands
- Hands-on Exercise– Install Puppet, Configure puppet, Use Knife commands for various operations
- Puppet Modules, Node Classification, Puppet Classes, Puppet Template, Puppet Manifests, Puppet master and client folder structure.
- Hands-on Exercise– Puppet Modules, classes, template creation
- Chef Fundamentals,Chef environment, Chef Cookbooks & Knife Commands. Node Object & Search, Data-bags, Roles, Deploying Nodes in Production and using the Open Source Chef Server, Vagrant file
- Hands-on Exercise – Install a chef server, Configure a Vagrant file and setup directory structure to create and run a Chef server, Install a chef-workstation, Create a user account in manage.chef.io website, Generate a knife.rb file from the website to create a chef server
- Introduction to Ansible,Configuration,Writing Ansible Playbooks, Ansible based Configuration Management,Different Roles and Command Line usage.
- Hands-on Exercise – Write Ansible playbook, Assign different roles in configuration tool
Nagios – Performance and Automated Monitoring
- Introduction of Nagios, Nagios Setup, Commands, Objects, notifications, Configure Nagios to monitor webserver, Load Balancer (HAProxy, NginX), + Project 1 & project 2
- Hands-on Exercise – Perform Nagios and Netdata monitoring, Monitor the performance with Grafana, Setup Syslog and verify the logs are getting generated, Configure HAProxy server
In this DevOps project you will be introduced to the DevOps pipeline demo in various industry domains like media, finance, medical projects and more. You will get hands-on experience in Docker containerization by deploying Jenkins, working with integration tests in DevOps, Project Reports and finance app configuration.
Project 1: Domain – Finance
- Objective –A global bank recruits 500 graduate software developers each year. The developers are employed at sites in 4 different countries. The bank requires a web-based questionnaire system to assess graduates’ programming skills so that they can provide appropriate training. You will need to design, implement and deploy part of the system
Project 2: Domain – Media
- Objective –A media company wishes to offer a website where users can upload photographs. Captions and titles can be added to the photographs. Customers can order prints of photos on T-shirts, mugs, and other items. You will need to design, implement and deploy part of the system
Project 3: Domain – Medical
- Objective –A hospital wishes to implement a system which can detect harmful drug interactions. They want a mobile phone application which allows doctors to enter or scan prescriptions. The system will then check for drug interactions. Any conflicting drugs will be highlighted so that the prescription can be changed. You will need to design, implement and deploy part of the application