Why To Choose Software Testing As A Career?
Software testing is good option for adopting as career. We tell you here some information of software testing. You can get here information about the future scope of software testing.
Software testing is a process of testing/checking a computer program or system for deciding if it meets the particular requirements and produces desired results. You can identify bugs or errors in project or product. Software testing is very important to provide a quality product free from bugs. Testing is a process of thinking a lot. Imagination helps in testing and analysis. There are two main concepts. One is imagination and the other is analysis of defects.
There Are Many Reasons For Choosing Software Testing As A Career:
- Software testing becomes a high demand in market.
- Software testing is an innovative job.
- Testing is a platform independent. It works on any operating system without any changes in your testing process.
- Software Testing is fair and consistent job.
- Tester gets satisfaction by giving quality product to the end user.
Software tester is the only one who enhances the confidence by giving error free delivery to the team.
Software Testing; A Gateway
- Testing is the gateway of project. Tester is the shield of that gateway.
- Software Tester has life with less stress with compared to software developers.
- Testing doesn’t depend upon any technology.
- Software testing has high growth rate.
- The person who always sees “a glass is half empty” will definitely become a good tester.
- Tester has all the knowledge about each and every thing of the project.
- Software tester should have good verbal and written communication. He/she can communicate with developing team. It is important to have well communication for software tester.
- Software tester must have analytical skills. He/She can break down the complex software system into smaller units. Next, software tester imagine and analysis about any defect in the software.
- Software tester creates test cases and gain understanding about the software or product. Tester will able to fix the errors or bugs found in product.
- In present’s time, software testing is a demanding job. A software tester must have skills to manage workload, organization skills and high productivity.
- Any software or product is incomplete without its testing. Without testing, there could be some bugs in the product and customers will not get satisfied according to the requirements. For testing, all companies need to have software tester for complete and satisfied software or product without any errors or bugs.
- Companies depend on their quality of products or software. They require tester to improve the quality by elimination of bugs or errors.
Software Testing Job Attributes
- Software testing is performed either manually or by automated tools. Testing methods includes white box testing, Black box testing and grey box testing.
- Challenging: Testing is very challenging job as it will bring something new every day. If you want a job that helps you to learn new thing daily choose to be a tester.
- Creative: It’s a very innovative job. You have to think broad in all directions and bring innovative ideas as working as the end-user.
- The software testing career is a high paying career. Software tester is always needed and companies will always recruit you.
- Software testing is more easy than software development.
- Software tester will always be in demand as long as software development is there.
- Testing is completely a team work. Tester need to work with developers and stakeholders.
- Tester needs to be curious about things like what, when, why and how. More questions in mind help to perform well.
- Testers are well paid.
- Being tester helps you to understand the requirements of customer well.
- Testing is easy to learn and challenging.
In a CMMI level 5 company, your progression of career as a software tester (Quality Assurance Analyst) will be as below. It is different from company to company. Quality Assurance Analyst jobs are being offered to Freshers
- Senior QA Analyst jobs are being offered to candidates having 2 to 4 years of experience.
- QA Team Coordinator jobs are being offered to candidates having 5 to 6 years of experience.
- Test Manager Jobs are for candidates having 8 to 11 years of experience.
- Senior Test Manager Job are being offered to candidates having more than 14 years of experience.
Salary Range for Software Test Engineer
Entry level - Rs 3,00,000/Anum
Mid-level - Rs 8,00,000 /Anum
Experienced - Rs 12,00,000/Anum
Most Popular Courses
Software Testing|| Data analytics