Whether a fresher or an experienced professional, an interview is the best bet in a person’s hand to differentiate himself from the other prospective candidates in this competitive job market. Being smart, with clear, confident responses is the best way to land one’s dream job. There is no way a person can have his answers before attending an interview. But it is always recommended to spend some time thinking about the most common interview questions and their answers to land the dream job. Preparations can always help boost your confidence in front of the interviewer. The most important point to remember is to do a good background research of the company before attending the interview.
1. Please tell us about yourself This question is generally asked to know a little more about the interviewee and also to see how the person reacts. This chance needs to be utilised to your advantage. Start with the educational qualifications/work history.
2. Why do we hire you? This question is where your research about the company background will come in handy. Start with your achievements and project experiences which are a close match to the job requirements.
3. What are your strengths? This question requires a bit of self analysis before you enter the interview room. So please do this and be ready. Start with your characteristics or attributes that match with the job profile and hence portray you as candidate who is a suitable fit for the job.
4. What is your worst weakness?
5. Why do you want to work for us?
6. Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
This question is a tricky one where your past experience might come in handy.If you had long standing relationships with your previous companies then this is a easy one.But if you are a job-hopper then be sure to prepare as best as possible.
7. Why did you leave your previous job?
This question can prove your loyalty and your trustworthiness. Be reasonable.
8. What is your salary expectations?
This question can be well answered based on your research about the company Also spend time researching about the salary estimates in you area/city. Start by giving a fair rate to yourself.
9.What is your greatest achievement till date?
This question is similar to the question on your strengths. This can be handled similarly. Start with any accomplishment that is in line with the company goals and its values.
10.Do you have any questions?
This is the best and easiest of all the questions from the interviewer. So always be ready for this as at this point you get a chance to be the interviewer. with giving an affirmative answer.
Few other interview questions:
What are your future goals?
What do are your interests outside of work?
What could you offer to this job differently?
How do you deal with pressure?
Will you be ready if the job requires frequent travelling?
What type of work environment do you prefer?
The key to acing any job interview is to make sure that all your answers are tailored to be in line with the company values, its goals and the specifics pertaining to the job you are applying for.